The Scottish Government is offering scholarships to students studying in Scotland from Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
Students can be studying at Undergraduate, Masters, or PhD level.
The Saltire Scholarships are available to students who are studying subjects that are related to Scotland’s priority sectors. The priority sectors include the creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services and renewable and clean energy.
Students studying other subject areas or who are unsure if their subject fits into one of these categories may also apply but are advised to check with their institution first.
Applications can be made online. To apply you will need to provide personal details such as your name, date of birth etc. and information about the course you are taking. You will also need to write a few short paragraphs about why you chose to study in Scotland, why you chose your course, and information about any relevant work experience you have undertaken.
In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course before an application can be considered.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, USA or the People's Republic of China (Hong Kong also being eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Courses must be full time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
For more information visit the Scottish Government website.
The deadline to submit an application is 31st March 2015.